Wednesday, December 11, 2013

50 Years + 12 Kids

What a weekend!

I can hardly believe it's over already, but we enjoyed every single moment.  Never before have I been so aware of the unique blessing I have in my family! Listening to the childhood memories of my 11 siblings, my heart was filled with so many overwhelming emotions. We cried some and laughed a whole lot more. From the oldest to the youngest, we recounted incidents and stories that shaped our character and helped make us who we are today.

Was every moment blissful? No. Were my parents perfect? Of course not! Did they give us a warm, loving, safe home and live an example of a godly marriage?  Absolutely!!

Not only did they raise us and stay sane, but they did it well.  My prayer is that I can have a fraction of their patience, wisdom, and sense of humor as I attempt to nurture my own children. 

 
 

50 Years Ago, modeled by Lincoln and Nicole:



The Open House was beautiful and warm, full of loving family and friends, all joining together to celebrate this amazing milestone of half a century together!!

 
 
 
 
 
 
The Sibs.............
 
 
 
Dad used to tell people when they asked how many children he had, "Six and a half dozen." :)
 
Psalm 127:3 Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord...











 

No comments:

Post a Comment