Thursday, December 5, 2013

More 'Doing'

"If you've got business to do, and God has put you in a place to do it, get out of your own way and get on with it......How can we run if we keep looking this way and that and checking our feet and wondering how we look as we run?"

Ouch.

This was something I read today....pretty sure I was intended to read it! This is definitely an area I struggle with. Thinking I have to have everything figured out, lined up, organized, details planned before I take one teeny tiny little step. That's not necessarily how God wants us to operate. More often than not, I try to "help" God figure it out when I really should just square my shoulders and march out there and do it.

Take it from someone who, fifteen years ago, couldn't bring herself to spontaneously entertain if the house wasn't in spotless-top-to-bottom condition, this has not been an overnight transformation.  Probably because the root of the problem is selfishness and pride.

So, more 'doing', less 'thinking'. Check.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment